Powerful Experiment Designer
- Design experiments quickly by drawing layers onto a canvas of plates. Resizing your layers is easy; you can make them as small as a single well or large enough to span multiple plates.
- Design experiments around pre-loaded commercially available screens, or design your own screens to use in your crystallization experiments.
- Explore potential hits quickly with drag & drop optimization: vary conditions randomly with a Random Layer or systematically using a Grid Layer.
Image View & Score
- Visualize the inspection of an entire plate at once with Rock Maker's thumbnail view. Navigate and score your images with ease.
- Zero in on a region of interest in real-time with dynamic zoom using the scroll wheel. Annotate, measure and score your results with the tools Rock Maker puts right at your fingertips.
- View up to 4 drops simultaneously on the Compare Tab. Compare different inspections of the same drop, or drops from different experiments.
- Highlight the results you need to see with additional tools like image tuning. Improve image contrast and clarity using the leveling histogram for better results from UV imaging, SONICC or FRAP.
Team & User Friendly
- Administer group-based accessibility and quotas to maximize your lab's productivity.
- The Rock Maker user interface makes use of intuitive shortcut buttons and a clear layout for any user. For the power user, it offers a number of hotkeys and customizable favorites to put the software's full potential at your fingertips.
- Rock Maker comes configured with ingredients commonly used in crystallization experiments, and the sophistication that allows you to vary the concentration or pH level of any ingredient without needing to input it again.
- Keep your experiments organized with our efficient folder and file structure, using as many or few levels as you want. Simply drag and drop to restructure your work.
- The database tracks more than just proteins: it conveniently bundles the buffers, ligands and other compounds you’re using to crystallize, making it easy to re-use your protein formulations.
- Virtually all commercially available screens are already entered and defined. Just drag and drop to select the one you need for your experiment.
- Rock Maker's quick search puts nearly every piece of data in the system at your fingertips.
Smooth Device Integration
- Rock Maker integrates seamlessly with our existing line of liquid handlers, including our flagship Formulator and our drop setter NT8.
- Follow your experiments from cradle to grave. With Rock Imager integration you'll have a unified cycle for crystallization design, imaging, scoring and optimization.
- Regardless of what device you are using to dispense and image your experiments, our flexible scheduling features will help keep you organized and ensure you don't miss a thing.
Versatile Data Analysis
- Break down and analyze your data with Rock Maker's growing library of easy-to-use preprogrammed reports.
- Target the data you're interested in with Search & Filter, and with the one click of the mouse Rock Maker will present your results in charts for easy visual analysis.