RnD Mechanical Design Engineer
Semarang / Salatiga, Indonesia
PT. Formulatrix Indonesia is a Hardware Division of Formulatrix, Inc. - USA (www.formulatrix.com), operational since August 2006. We are a profitable start-up company located in Salatiga-Central Java. We had a very dedicated team, with a supportive yet challenging working environment. We specialize in manufacturing high precision robotic systems for automation of drug discovery.
Our satisfied clients are top pharmaceutical company and top universities such as Wyeth, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Max Planck Institute, Roche, Pfizer, University of Queensland, and many more.
Candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment to hit deadlines and do quality work. That being said, we do enjoy ourselves in a fun, open work environment
- Conducting research and analysis to create the concept of new products
- Designing systems and components that meet the needs and requirements using engineering tools
- Prototyping, evaluating and redesigning until the product is ready to be manufactured
- Providing report and documentation
- Reviewing and evaluating existing products to create recommendations of modifications and improvement for product development
- Contributes as a team member and work together to accomplish the goal
- Working and collaborating with other professionals within and outside the engineering sector
- Planning milestones, project time frame, and goals
- Have the ability to design and build a fully automated machine is a must
- Have the ability of using CAD/CAM (SolidWorks or Onshape is a plus)
- Have the ability of operating CNC machine
- Have expertise of mechanical engineering especially in automation systems, small moving parts/mechanism design, high precision robotics, manufacturing process and mechatronics.
- Have the experience in microfluidic and software algorithm is a plus
- Have a superb creativity, logic, vision, and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate, attention to detail, tactful, and a fast learner is a must.
- Have a good communication skill in English both oral and written
- Applicants must be willing to work in Salatiga or Semarang.
Why Join Us?
- Work and learn directly with experienced engineers and product managers globally
- Challenge yourself by learning cutting edge new technologies every day
- Create software and products that directly impact medicine discovery and life science research
- Escape the heat and congestion of the large cities and enjoy nature, mountains, biking and rafting with company outing trips organized for team building activities
- Opportunities for continued networking and professional development
- Join a very stable, profitable company that has been manufacturing and engineering in Salatiga since 2006 with no layoffs and continuing to grow rapidly
- Real flexible hours where if you are needed to work late hours, you can make up that time during the day. You also have the ability to shift your hours around to help meet your family’s needs (no crazy eCommerce schedules!)
- Casual and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of outlets to reduce stress and tension including ping pong, billiards, team outings, professional development lunches and more
- Opportunities to travel to customer sites and offshore locations may be necessary as needed.