Headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, FORMULATRIX is fast growing robotic automation equipment manufacturer and software solutions provider to leading pharmaceutical companies and academic research institutions. We cater to clients in the highly specialized life sciences industry with our client base comprised of major Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies. The Company has experienced aggressive historic double digit growth with healthy profits because of our industry recognized patented technology and superior software delivery services. The industry recognizes our products and services due to our dedication to producing the "best breed of products". Our business operations are international in scope with business units located in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Our corporate culture highly rewards dedicated motivation, exceeding client expectations, entrepreneurial spirit, and "outside the box" thinking. In return, we offer a rewarding salary and benefits package, young and vibrant "down to earth" corporate culture, employee empowerment, and excellent growth opportunities.
- A purchasing engineer handles the buying of an array of products linked to the overall engineering field, including mechanical (at first scope) and then electrical. The purchasers work with suppliers to ensure products needed to complete projects are available when required and are up to quality specifications. Those started from determining needs, find suppliers, choosing the best supplier, negotiate price and award contracts, and manage suppliers.
- Along with engineers, make sure the purchased goods are meet the requirement given by engineers by doing some proper tests.
- In practice, he/she will also not only sitting on his/her chair daily basis, but He/She must "go out and meet" with vendors (of course after COVID, he/she can meet the vendor directly), make negotiations, and contract to get a good price.
- Since it is a new position in R&D Division, the purchasing engineer must figure out the best solution for Engineering Common-Material and Consumable-Goods forecasting method.
- Have a background in mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Good written and oral communication skills both in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and communicate with new people.
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy. The candidate's score for this requirement must be at the 'stellar' level.
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand the key requirements
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities (i.e.: Avoid to purchase from European or American suppliers, try as best as possible to get the goods from local or Asian regional)
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers, and know how to make the suppliers comply with the agreement.
- Has experiences in mechanical/electrical parts especially for Formulatrix's needs
- Proficiency with personal computers and networking, specifically Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheet)
- Workmanlike and willingness to travel
- Applicants must be willing to work in Salatiga
- Most of the parts and material are supplied from the local market (Local and Regional ASIA)
- Cost reduction on Bill of Materials
- Parts/Material received by R&D engineers on time.
- Provide and recommend a Reliable Supplier List for Engineers
- Fast and efficient purchasing order process.
- Provide the best solution for the engineers to get common materials, parts, and consumables they need just in time.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'Purchasing Engineer' in the subject line. Please include a copy of your resume (Word, HTML, plain text or RTF format only) and answers to the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary & benefit requirements?
- When can you start?