Technical writers take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately without relying on technical or corporate jargon to explain what they are trying to say.
Headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, FORMULATRIX is a fast growing robotic automation manufacturer and software solutions provider to leading pharmaceutical companies and academic research institutions. We cater to clients in the highly specialized life sciences industry with our client base comprised of major Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies. The company has experienced aggressive historic double-digit growth with healthy profits because of our industry-recognized patented technology and superior software delivery services. The industry recognizes our products and services due to our dedication to producing the “best breed of products”. Our business operations are international in scope with business units located in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Our corporate culture highly rewards dedicated motivation, exceeding client expectations, entrepreneurial spirit, and “outside the box” thinking. In return, we offer a rewarding salary and benefits package, young and vibrant “down to earth” corporate culture, employee empowerment, and excellent growth opportunities.
- Technical Writing. You must write, edit, update, and maintain all technical documentation needed for each product, such as the help file, User’s Guide, Quick Start Guide, and so on in print and online.
- Publish and maintain high-quality help content and user interface (UI) messaging.
- Gather information and requirements. You will be working closely with all related teams to determine content for any technical documentation.
- You must create and write each document through the eyes of a reader while considering a document's purpose. You will need to meet with Subject Matter Experts (local or otherwise) to clarify complicated information, so confidence to ask questions until you fully comprehend a product is a must.
- Document preparation. With other team members, you will be preparing any technical documentation when it is needed, such as for shipment or demo to customers. You have to make sure that each document is correct and ready to be delivered.
- Candidate must possess at least an English Bachelor's degree, Linguistics/Languages, Journalism, Bachelor degree in Life Science/Engineering, or related fields.
- If applicants do not possess an English Bachelor’s degree, they must provide an English proficiency certificate such as TOEFL ITP with a minimum score of 550, or other equivalent certificates and scores.
- Have at least 1 year of experience as a Technical Writer with exposure in IT or Life Science field.
- Well-versed with technology, writing tool apps, have the ability to write clearly, know how to use MadCap flare is a plus, and know desktop publishing is a plus.
- Have an understanding of Engineering - Mechanical/Automotive or equivalent is an asset.
- Meticulous, organized, and structured with excellent analytical skills.
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to work both individually and in a team.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and fast learner.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Salatiga.