Application Scientist & Business Development Specialist – Crystallization/TFF
Headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, FORMULATRIX is a small, fast growing, and strongly profitable company. We supply robotic automation, scientific instruments, and software solutions to the life sciences industry. Our business is international in scope with offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
FORMULATRIX is looking to hire an Application Scientist and Business Development Specialist to increase our sales and marketing capabilities to help drive sales for our Protein Crystallization and emerging Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) product lines. This is an excellent opportunity to directly apply your laboratory experience to development markets within the life science industry.
This position requires someone that is customer-focused, hands-on, organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, cross-group collaboration, and planning skills. Candidates must work well independently, with a global team, and directly with customers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to establish a laboratory to conduct scientific experiments using our automation solutions
- Outline and create scientific application notes that highlight how our automation solutions solve a problem for researchers and fit within their workflows
- Create training materials and conduct lessons around relevant scientific applications for sales, marketing, and engineering teams
- Establish relationships with customers to better understand their needs and how our solutions may be of assistance
- Collaborate with clients and the marketing team to conduct online webinars on relevant scientific applications
- Research and create competitive product reports and training materials
- Support the sales team with customer inquiries pertaining to relevant scientific applications
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a must
- BS + 2 years experience or MS + 1 year experience or PhD in a scientific field
- At least 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting (a graduate experience will be considered)
- Ability to work with an offshore team.
- Life Science industry experience (1 - 3 years)
- Teaching experience (including Teaching Assistant positions) is a plus
- Experience with protein expression, purification, and/or crystallization
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures
- Experience with nanoparticles
- Experience with TFF
- Experience with commercially available laboratory automation
- Published author
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from its employees and is committed to hiring only the best of the best. All support and management employees work 45-hour workweeks. In return, FORMULATRIX offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, health benefits, a business casual atmosphere, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
To be considered for these positions, please email email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, HTML, plain text or RTF only).
with the words "Application Scientist – Crystallization/TFF" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- What is it about this position that interests you?
- List of any scientific publications?
**FORMULATRIX® is an equal opportunity employer**