IT Support Specialist
FORMULATRIX is a fast-growing robotic automation solution provider to the science industry including the leading pharmaceutical companies and research institutions. The company has steadily grown since its inception, even through tough economic conditions. Our clients are in all continents, and we serve them from our worldwide offices located in the United States, Europe, and Asia. We are committed to providing our clients with the most innovative technology available in order to foster scientific discoveries.
We expect you, being a candidate for this position, to have a sense of ownership, leadership, problem-solving and be motivated to delight our customers. In return, we offer a rewarding salary and benefits with excellent growth opportunities.
We're looking for an IT resource for our Pakistan office to provide IT support to our worldwide customers in particular and to manage the overall IT-related portfolio of the office in general. If you're in for the exciting job and growth opportunities, look no further!
- Responding to technical support tickets.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the technical or IT issue.
- Providing technical support onsite or via remote access systems.
- Installing new hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware, networking and software issues.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting CCTV.
- Performing backups and restoring lost data as needed.
- Monitoring the performance of the system and servers.
- Server migrations (SQL Server migration, image file migrations)
- RMWeb installations and migrations
- Proposing simple and effective solutions.
- Providing minor technical or operational training.
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Documenting processes and maintaining service desk records.
- Avoiding service interruptions by performing system installations, updates, and maintenance procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in computer sciences, information technology or similar.
- 1 - 2 years of working experience in installing, monitoring, and maintaining Linux based servers and network equipment, performing backup automation and restore processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team, provide IT support, and resolve errors.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in networking and computer troubleshooting.
- Attitude to eagerly and curiously learn new knowledge
- Ability to speak English both actively and passively is a must
- Ability to work 45 hours/week minimum.
- Willingness to respond to network and server errors after hours.
- Ability to handle work shift of 5pm - 2am PKT (7am - 4pm EST)
Why Join Us?
- Market competitive compensation and attractive benefits such as biannual performance bonuses, indoor and outdoor medical coverage, employee saving plans, etc.
- Work and learn with experienced engineers locally and internationally
- Challenge yourself by learning cutting-edge new technologies
- Create products that directly impact medicine discovery and life science research
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- A very stable and profitable company since 2006 with no layoffs and continuing to grow rapidly
- Flexible hours where if you are needed to work late hours, you can make up that time during the day.
- Casual and relaxed atmosphere with activities like indoor games, team building activities, professional development lunches, and more.
How to Apply
To be considered for the position, please fill out the the job application form on the link given below:
**FORMULATRIX® is an equal opportunity employer**
3-Tariq Block, New Garden Town
Job Application Form