Field Service Engineer
Mid-Atlantic - Philadelphia, PA Area
FORMULATRIX®, a leading provider of protein crystallography, liquid handling, and PCR automation solutions, seeks a Philadelphia area field service engineer to join our world-class support team. You should enjoy working with people, take pride in fixing customer issues, and enjoy travel. The best person for this position enjoys troubleshooting and fixing complicated problems, and is generally PC/technology savvy.
You will troubleshoot high-end biotech automation equipment, focusing on our industry-leading protein crystallography automation product line. You will report to the VP of Worldwide Support, work alongside a team of dedicated colleagues, and provide feedback to product managers and the engineering team.
- On-site installations and repairs of lab equipment mostly in the Mid-Atlantic region, but potentially across the US.
- Customer training and support from home and in the field, via phone, email or remote access tools such as TeamViewer
- Up to 60% overnight travel
- Record customer interactions and issues in internal CRM database
- Provide detailed notes of on-site support work
- Follow up with engineers and product managers to ensure customer issues have been addressed
- Affinity for troubleshooting and fixing things
- Very comfortable with computers, networking, and IT related activities
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with robotics, software, and microfluidics are a plus
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from our employees, and are committed to hiring only the best of the best. All support and management employees work 45 hour work weeks. In return, FORMULATRIX offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, an informal work environment including cookouts on Fridays in the summer, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Field Service Engineer (MId-Atlantic)" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, or plain text only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**