Field Service Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Formulatrix, the leading provider of protein crystallization automation and liquid handling solutions, seeks a field engineer to join our world-class support team. You should enjoy working with people, take pride in fixing customer issues, and enjoy travel. The best person for this position thinks on their feet, learns quickly, and enjoys tinkering with hardware as well as software. This position will be primarily focused (but not necessarily limited to) our line of liquid handling and protein crystallography instruments.
You will troubleshoot high-end biotech automation equipment, enabling researchers to keep searching for the next cure. Our products are used for drug research and assay development. In addition to protein crystallography automated microscopy imagers, we also provide automated liquid handlers -- one day you might be digging into a log file to determine why an imager isn’t following an imaging schedule; another you might be figuring out why a liquid handler isn’t dispensing properly -- and the next you might be demonstrating new features of the latest software to a customer group.
You will report to the North American Support Manager, work alongside a team of dedicated engineers, and provide feedback to product managers and the documentation manager.
- On-site installations and maintenance of lab equipment on the west coast, and possibly across the U.S. depending on the needs of our customers and the schedules of other support engineers
- Customer training and support from home and in the field, via phone, email or remote access tools such as TeamViewer
- Up to 60% overnight travel
- Record customer interactions and issues in internal CRM database
- Provide detailed notes of on-site support work
- Follow up with engineers and product managers to ensure customer issues have been addressed
- Affinity for fixing things
- Comfortable with computers, networking and basic IT-related activities
- Quick learner with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with robotics, software, microfluidics and optics are a plus
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Field Service Engineer - San Francisco" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**