Outside Sales Representative – Midwest
FORMULATRIX supplies innovative robotic automation solutions to the life science industry. This includes research in academia, Bio-techs, pharmaceutical companies, hospital cancer centers and large-scale clinical testing laboratories. We collaborate with researchers and technologists to simplify scientific workflows such as sample preparation and analysis by providing novel and end-user friendly technology. We are committed to researchers, their labs, and to the scientific discoveries that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We are seeking a sales representative to cover the Midwest territory (Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit) representing our Liquid Handling portfolio of instruments. This position requires a hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be comfortable making cold calls, learning the customer needs and presenting Formulatrix solutions. Being able to demonstrate our unique solutions in person, at customer sites, is critical.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience selling capital equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically interested and savvy; You should be able to quickly learn technical products and give compelling presentations to prospects.
- Basic computer skills and problem solving
- Responsive and organized; In our market, reputation is everything and we take this very seriously.
- Self-motivated and proactive; You'll be expected to identify new customers, follow-up on leads, give demonstrations, provide quotations, negotiate pricing, follow-up with purchasing, and transition the post-sales installation to the support team. Note: cold calling is part of the job, and you should be comfortable reaching out to prospective clients.
- Able to travel as necessary to meet customers, perform demonstrations of our equipment and attend trade shows.
- Experience selling to Pharma/Biotech or Academic Biology Institutions
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a strong background in biochemistry or in biological research with an understanding of or experience with lab procedures and assay development
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Sales Representative - Midwest" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume (Word or PDF only) and answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**