Protein Crystallization Sales Representative - Western USA & Canada
Location based West Coast , Midwest
FORMULATRIX supplies innovative software and robotic automation solutions to the life science industry including leading pharmaceutical companies and academic research institutions around the world. We collaborate with researchers to simplify scientific workflows such as sample preparation and analysis by designing solutions without boundaries and bringing novel cutting-edge technology into the laboratory including being the global leader in protein crystallization automation. We are committed to researchers, their labs, and to the scientific discoveries that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We are seeking a sales representative to cover the West Coast Protein Crystallography territory. This position requires a hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be comfortable making cold calls, learning the technical details of our products, and giving technical demonstrations to customers.
- Experience in selling into Pharma/Biotech or Academic Biology Institutions, preferably in proteomics labs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically interested and savvy; You should be able to quickly learn technical products and give compelling presentations to prospects.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Responsive and organized; In our market, reputation is everything and we take this very seriously.
- Self-motivated and proactive; You'll be expected to identify new customers, follow-up on leads, give demonstrations, provide quotations, negotiate pricing, follow-up with purchasing, and transition the post-sales installation to the support team.
Note: Cold calling is part of the job, and you should be comfortable reaching out to prospective clients.
- Able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time; You will be expected to attend trade shows and travel to customer sites to give product demonstrations.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a degree in structural biology, proteomics, or other science related areas, and/or relevant commercial experience. Extensive training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Knowledge of the structural biology and/or proteomics market, along with hands-on experience is an advantage.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com with the words "PC - West Coast Sales Representative" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume (Word or PDF only), a covering letter, and answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**