Product Manager - Microfluidics
We are currently looking to Product Manager at Formulatrix who will direct a robotic liquid handling program including engineering R&D, production, support, sales and marketing. As the Product Manager, a seasoned team of engineers, developers, and designers will count on you to coordinate, supply direction, and provide technical feedback for multiple engineering projects involving mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines. Although this position has a heavy technical focus, the Product Manager is also expected to grow the product line from a market and business perspectives. Product Manager will work closely with the sales and marketing teams as well as directly with customers and key opinion leaders to ensure the product is matching the customers needs as well as evolving with the ever-changing science.
The position requires a hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast- paced environment. Previous management experience is required. Product Manager is expected to be very hands-on with technical details and must lead by example. The candidate will be mentored by the Director of Worldwide Engineering. In turn, the you will be responsible for mentoring and developing other engineers in the US and Indonesia.
There is exciting progress in many disciplines at Formulatrix: microfluidics, robotics, computer vision, and materials research provide daily challenges for our team. Product Manager must exhibit a high degree of ownership and commitment to releasing quality product updates on time. Product Manager must work well with worldwide team members and with customers and is expected to travel to customer sites and Formulatrix' offices worldwide as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar) required.
- At least 3 years of previous product management or related product-line oversight (R&D or Applications) required
- Interdisciplinary engineering experience, especially with robotics, is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge in protein concentration and/or tangential flow techniques a plus but not required.
- Extremely strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand product concepts and ideas is a requirement.
- Experience with Solid Works or On shape for design work preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Formulatrix requires hard work and dedication from our employees, and we are committed to hiring only the best of the best. All engineering, support, and management employees work 45 hours work / week. In return, Formulatrix offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, a casual atmosphere complete with weekly company lunches, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Please take our 17 question, 30 minute assessment here:
Only candidates who take the assessment will be considered.
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Product Manager - Microfluidics" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- What is it about this position that interests you?
** NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES **