Product Manager - Protein Crystallography
Formulatrix, Inc. is looking to fill the role of product manager for protein crystallization. You will be responsible for shaping the future of the protein crystallization business unit within Formulatrix, as well as aligning current and future technologies and software to the needs of our customers.
Product management requires a customer focused, hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong user-centered software design philosophy, excellent communication, cross-group collaboration and planning skills. Candidates must work well independently, with a global team and with customers.
Formulatrix requires hard work and dedication from its employees, and is committed to hiring only the best of the best. All support and management employees work 45 hour work weeks.
In return, Formulatrix offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, a business casual work environment including Friday cookouts in the summer, and excellent growth opportunities.
- Take a leadership role in shaping the functionality and user experience of our protein crystallization software applications.
- Prioritize and define features by working with customers, support and sales team.
- Provide a vision for user experience and work with UX designers to detail the new features.
- Oversee and support our development team in the implementation of new functionalities.
- Support customers with protein crystallization product questions and requests.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Passion for customer satisfaction and great, high quality products.
- BS + 5 years experience or MS + 3 years experience or PhD in a scientific field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a laboratory setting (a graduate experience will be considered)
- Strong leadership and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work with an offshore team.
- Experience with protein crystallography.
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures.
- Experience with commercially available laboratory automation.
- Experience with graphical user interface design.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Product Manager - Protein Crystallography" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following five questions in the body of your email:
- What attracts you to this job and how do you feel your skill sets will complement the position?
- What are your salary expectations?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
** NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES **