FORMULATRIX® is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Originally founded as a software company in 2002, FORMULATRIX is now a global leader in both hardware and software solutions for protein crystallization and laboratory automation. In addition to protein crystallization instrumentation, we also have developed a proprietary microfluidic liquid-dispensing technology with a global presence and an exciting new TFF-based protein concentration technology.
Individual Product Managers at FORMULATRIX are typically expected to direct a robotic liquid-handling program which includes engineering R&D, production, support, sales, and marketing. Product Managers are responsible for coordinating, supplying direction, and providing technical feedback for multiple engineering sub-projects involving mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines. Product Managers are also expected to grow the product line from a market and business perspective.
Product Managers work closely with the Director of Engineering, US and Indonesian Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams as well as directly with customers and key opinion leaders to ensure their product continually meets customers’ needs and evolves with the ever-changing science.
This position requires a hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. Previous management experience is required. Product Managers are expected to be very involved with technical details and must lead by example.
There is exciting progress in many disciplines at FORMULATRIX: microfluidics, robotics, computer vision, and materials research provide daily challenges for our team. Product Managers must exhibit a high degree of ownership and commitment to releasing quality product updates on time. Product Managers must work well with worldwide team members and with customers and are expected to travel to customer sites and FORMULATRIX' offices worldwide as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or similar) required.
- At least 3 years of previous product management or related product-line oversight (R&D or Applications) required
- Interdisciplinary engineering experience, especially with robotics, is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge in protein concentration and/or tangential flow techniques a plus but not required.
- Extremely strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand product concepts and ideas is a requirement.
- Experience with Solid Works or On shape for design work preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel as needed.
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from our employees, and we are committed to hiring only the best of the best. All engineering, support, and management employees work 45 hours per week. In return, FORMULATRIX offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, a casual atmosphere complete with weekly company lunches, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Product Manager" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text, or RTF only) and answer the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- What is it about this position that interests you?
- Take our 17 questions, 30-minute assessment here:
**ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AND TAKE THE ASSESSMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED**
** NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES **