Located in Bedford, Massachusetts, Formulatrix is a small, fast growing, and strongly profitable company. We supply robotic automation, scientific instruments, and software solutions to the life sciences industry. Our business is international in scope with offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
FORMULATRIX is looking to hire an R&D scientist to develop molecular biology reagents for a new product. This product is currently in the early stages of development and requires the scientist to work closely alongside the established engineering team. The instrument and consumables will perform genetic analysis for a unique application; high numbers of units will be produced. In addition to the development of reagents, the scientist will assist in scaling-up production and supporting customers
- Designing and performing qPCR and digital PCR experiments in our wet lab in Bedford, MA
- Determining reagents for long-term production
- Assisting in developing techniques for adding chemistry to the consumable
- Providing technical support to users via email, telephone, or in-person site visits
- Assessing product usability and function and providing feedback to the engineering team
- A degree in molecular biology / biochemistry (MS or PhD preferred)
- 3+ years of lab bench experience (genomics preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and applications of qPCR and digital PCR
- Working knowledge of genomic DNA extraction (experience with DNA isolation from plants preferred)
- Understanding of protein production in E.coli and protein purification techniques involving precipitation and liquid chromatography (both bench and automatic).
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to manage scheduling and workload with an awareness of strategic goals
Formulatrix requires hard work and dedication from our employees, and we are committed to hiring only the best of the best. All engineering, support, and management employees work 45 hour work weeks. In return, Formulatrix offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, a casual atmosphere complete with weekly company lunches, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "Rnd Scientist" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- What is it about this position that interests you?
** NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES **