Sales Representative (Liquid Handling)
FORMULATRIX® is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Originally starting as a software company in 2002, FORMULATRIX is now the global leader in hardware and software solutions for protein crystallization automation. In addition to crystallization instrumentation, we also have developed a proprietary microfluidic dispensing technology.
We are looking to increase our sales footprint in order to drive our growing liquid handling product lines. This position requires a hands-on, organized and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be comfortable making cold calls, learning the technical details of our products, and giving technical solo demonstrations to customers.
- 1+ years capital equipment sales, preferably in the genomics market space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technically interested and savvy - you should be able to quickly learn technical products and give compelling presentations to prospects.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Responsive and organized. In our market, reputation is everything and we take that very seriously. That starts with a salesperson who responds in a timely fashion to every customer request and gets things done when promised.
- Self-motivated and proactive. You will be expected to identify new customers, follow up on leads, give demos, provide quotations, negotiate pricing, follow up with the purchasing team, and transition to the post-sales installation and support teams. Note that cold calling is part of the job and you should be comfortable doing this.
- Able to travel 25% of the time, could be up to 50%. You will be expected to attend trade shows and travel to customer sites to give product demonstrations.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a degree in Biology, other life science or Engineering (with a life science focus), knowledge of genomics, small molecule screening, and/or relevant commercial experience. Extensive training will be provided to the right candidates.
- Knowledge of the liquid handling market, along with hands on experience is preferred
- Understand the sales process from prospecting to closing preferred.
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from its employees, and is committed to hiring only the best of the best. All support and management employees work 50 hour work weeks. In return, FORMULATRIX offers a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan, a business casual work environment, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "LH Sales - Seattle" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**