Global Vice President of Sales and Marketing
FORMULATRIX® is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Originally starting as a software company in 2002, FORMULATRIX is now the global leader in hardware and software solutions for protein crystallization automation. In addition to crystallization instrumentation, we also have developed a proprietary microfluidic dispensing technology.
The Global VP of Sales and Marketing will oversee all sales and marketing functions across the entire FORMULATRIX product portfolio. This position will report directly to the President / CEO and have direct management responsibility for protein crystallography, liquid handling, and all new product sales, marketing, and applications teams. The Global VP of Sales and Marketing is responsible for building, managing, and maintaining a strong sales and marketing team directed toward growing FORMULATRIX market share, product awareness, revenue and profitability consistent with strategic business goals.
The VP of Sales and Marketing will have the responsibility to meet business unit objectives as follows:
- Lead the commercial sales and marketing activity for the protein crystallization and liquid handling sales. Currently 12 sales representatives, 4 sales managers, 2 marketing managers, and 10 marketing research assistants.
- Achieve revenue and growth targets for each product line, and maintain accurate sales forecasts.
- Build and lead the domestic liquid handling representatives either as direct reports or in an organizational structure with managers and sub-teams responsible for particular territories or product lines. Drive strategy to set up commercial structure and plan for new liquid handlers.
- Lead the Director of Sales – Europe, Liquid Handling.
- Lead the VP of Global Sales – Protein Crystallography as a direct report.
- Launch new liquid handling products and maximize penetration into the global life science market. Devise and execute product launch plans in close collaboration with product management and marketing.
- Oversee marketing initiatives across all business units and maximize value and ROI of all lead generation, demand generation, content creation, digital media, and business development activities.
- Collaborate with support to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Own sales and marketing budgets.
- Manage, mentor, coach, and train sales management, domestic sales representatives, marketing management, and applications staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales & marketing leadership experience.
- Experience managing a global sales network including direct and distributor channels in the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Experience selling capital equipment into the life science market.
- Experience developing a distribution network and effectively managing distributors.
- Excellent leadership skills, with proven ability to develop a high-performance, customer-focused and responsive sales team.
- Willingness to personally execute on tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to proactively and successfully manage sales and marketing budgets and sales forecasts.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to interface well with all other disciplines of the business at an executive, managerial, and individual contributor level.
- PhD in life sciences.
- Expertise in sample preparation and analysis workflows in translational genomics and drug discovery research.
- Expertise in liquid handling and laboratory automation.
- Experience selling into the North American, European, and Asian markets.
FORMULATRIX requires hard work and dedication from its employees and is committed to hiring only the best of the best. We require a 45 hour work week and, in return, offer a rewarding compensation package including base salary, bonuses, profit sharing, health and dental benefits, AFLAC supplemental insurance, a 401K retirement plan. A business casual work environment including weekly Friday cookouts in the summer, and excellent growth opportunities.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email "firstname.lastname@example.org". You must include a copy of your resume, (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only) and answer the following three questions in the body of your email:
- What is your required compensation (base, bonus, stock)?
- When can you start?
- How many years of sales management experience do you have?
- How many years of marketing experience do you have?
- How many reports have you managed in a single position?
- Have you sold or managed a sales team that sold capital equipment into the life science market?
- Do you have experience selling in North America, Europe, and Asia?
- Confirm that you are within commuting distance of Bedford, MA or, if not, you are willing to relocate.
- Are you looking to travel business class for all of your travel?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
**NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES**