Windows 7 Home Basic or Newer (Windows 8, Windows 10)
1 open USB port (compatible with USB 3.0 or older)
Dual-core 1 GHz processor
1 GB RAM
1 GB hard drive space
768 pixels vertical minimum screen resolution
110-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 400 W max.
Width: 406 mm (16")
Depth: 434 mm (17")
Height without Bottle: 359 mm (14")
Height with Bottle: 482 mm (19")
Weight: 16 kg (35 lb)
Minimum 2 L bottle for the waste solution, larger if possible.
Minimum 2 L bottle of wash solution, larger if possible. Average wash solution consumption is 200 mL/reagent for aqueous solutions. A three-reagent dispense with one medium viscosity reagent uses an average of 500 mL wash solution.
The Formulator's microfluidic chip requires pressure and vacuum to actuate the micro-diaphragm pumps. There are three options to supply pressure and vacuum to the system, each with its own requirements:
Option 1: Formulatrix Pump Box:
- Connect the system to a pump box specifically designed to provide the required amount of pressure and vacuum.
- Pressure: Self Contained
- Vacuum: Self Contained
- Connectors: Provided
- Electrical Requirements: 110V, 60Hz, 290 W (Part PB110) or 230 V, 50 Hz, 290 W (Part PB230)
Option 2: Direct-to-Lab Air and Vacuum:
- Connect the system directly to your source of pressure and vacuum.
- Pressure: 30 PSI @ 0.15 CFM = 2.0 Bar @ 4.3 LPM
- Vacuum: 22 in Hg @ 0.2 CFM = -750 mBar @ 5.7 LPM
- Connectors: 5/32 in. or 4 mm OD tubing. Other connectors available upon request.
Option 3: Venturi Vacuum:
- Use your pressure source to generate the required vacuum with a Venturi vacuum pump
- Pressure: 80 PSI @ 1 CFM = 5.5 Bar @ 28 LPM
- Vacuum: Self-contained
- Connectors: Quick-disconnect hose coupling, industrial-shape, 1/4 in. NPTF male, ¼ in. coupling and 5/32 in. or 4 mm OD tubing. Other connectors available upon request.