Electronics Research Engineer
FORMULATRIX is a rapidly growing laboratory automation company headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. We supply software and robotic automation solutions to leading pharmaceutical companies and academic research institutions around the world.
The FORMULATRIX Innovation Lab is a team in Bandung working on the most high-risk, high-reward R&D aspects of FORMULATRIX products. Our cross-functional teams work on cutting edge projects, helping the company to identify opportunities and reduce risks through iterative rapid prototyping. As such, we count on everyone in the team having hands-on engineering skills, as well as strong critical thinking when designing experiments and analyzing the results.
As a Research Engineer, you’ll be relied upon to solve a wide range of challenging problems that will have a significant impact on FORMULATRIX products. You will have access to the tools, instruments, and all the cool capabilities you need to build anything you can imagine. You will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, so you are expected to be independent and be motivated to work with minimal supervision.
- Design, build, and analyze prototypes through a system-level thinking.
- Build electronics circuits for interfacing with sensors and actuators, write firmware code for prototypes.
- Write reports and present findings.
- Be a thought partner for other engineers, supporting them with your skillset.
- Bachelor’s (S1/D4) or Master’s (S2) degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Previous industry experience is appreciated, fresh grads are welcome.
- Circuit analysis and design (analog and digital).
- Hands-on experience building electronics prototypes and working with instruments (oscilloscope, multimeter, function generator).
- Good command of math and physics.
- Excitement for learning new technical fields.
- Highly motivated, strong team player, with good ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Excellent communication in English both written and spoken.
Nice to Have
- Motor control, electric machine design, electromagnetics.
- Signals and systems analysis (Fourier, Laplace, z- transforms).
- Embedded software / firmware development (Arduino, STM32, ESP32).
- Digital signal processing.
- PCB design.
- Control system design and implementation, PID tuning.
- Enjoys reading research papers and learning the latest advances in the field.
- Robotics: coordinate frame, kinematics, computer vision, dynamics and control, path planning.
Why Join Us?
- Work and learn directly with experienced engineers and product managers globally
- Challenge yourself by learning cutting edge new technologies every day
- Create software and products that directly impact medicine discovery and life science research
- Escape the heat and congestion of the large cities and enjoy nature, mountains, biking and rafting with company outing trips organized for team building activities
- Opportunities for continued networking and professional development
- Join a very stable, profitable company that has been manufacturing and engineering in Salatiga since 2006 with no layoffs and continuing to grow rapidly
- Real flexible hours where if you are needed to work late hours, you can make up that time during the day. You also have the ability to shift your hours around to help meet your family’s needs (no crazy eCommerce schedules!)
- Casual and relaxed atmosphere with plenty of outlets to reduce stress and tension including ping pong, billiards, team outings, professional development lunches and more
- Opportunities to travel to customer sites and offshore locations may be necessary as needed.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email to email@example.com with the words 'ERE (space) Your Name ; e.g ERE Adam Fisal' in the subject line.
You must include:
- Links to your LinkedIn or GitHub, if any
- Answers the flowing questions:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- What is it about this position that interests you?