Application Scientist - Documentation Team Lead
Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, FORMULATRIX is a fast growing robotic automation solution provider to leading pharmaceutical companies and research institutions. The company has steadily grown since its inception, even through tough economic conditions; we’re highly profitable and stable. Our clients are in all continents, and we serve them from our worldwide offices located in the United States, Europe, and Asia. We are committed to providing our clients with the most innovative technology available in order to foster scientific discoveries.
We expect you to have a sense of ownership, leadership, problem solving, and an entrepreneurial spirit - and ultimately be motivated to delight our customers. In return, we offer a rewarding salary and benefits package, young and vibrant "down to earth" corporate culture, employee empowerment, and excellent growth opportunities.
We are looking for a scientist to lead our documentation team in Indonesia to deliver documentation that is both useful and easy to read. As a scientist you will be best positioned to understand our customers. You will need to put yourself into their shoes and make decisions on their behalf. You should devise and track metrics to ascertain the success of your documentation. We are also looking for an application scientist, who will be well positioned to understand the customer, and to explain the products in ways that are familiar to them.
- Sets a vision of documentation mechanisms and works with product managers to implement these for their products.
- Keeps abreast of the latest or common documentation strategies.
- Make sure that the documentation is logical, easy to understand, as well as visually consistent.
- Ensures that a diverse target audience is informed correctly and succinctly about the features and usages of the software.
- Gathers feedback from the customers either directly via surveys or implicitly via metrics.
- Manages the team and documentation process. Improves where needed.
- Has a critical eye on the quality of the documentation, regarding document organization, ease of use, language etc. Leads and mentors the team on these aspects.
- Prepare any technical documentation, for shipment or demo to customers.
- Determine the best method to document certain materials for product usage (i.e. in a video, Word/Google document, or through a client forum, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field is required. A graduate degree in the area of life sciences is preferred.
- Working experience in the field of life sciences.
- 3 years of post education experience in growing roles
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills. Please attach two documentation samples (articles or videos) that you have produced along with your resume.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organized, and structured with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive, can-do, attitude.
- Ability to work both individually and on a team.
- Fast learner.
- Knowledge of video editing or experience with online community forums is a plus.
- An understanding of Engineering or a background in life sciences would be a plus.
- Working experience in a related field is an asset.
- A native English speaker or having worked in an english speaking country would be a plus.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email your CV (max. 1MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words 'AppScientist (space) Your Name ; e.g. AppScientist Adam Fisal' in the subject line. Please include a copy of your resume (Word, HTML, plain text or RTF format only) and answers to the following questions in the body of your email:
- What are your salary & benefit requirements?
- When can you start?