Formulatrix is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Bedford, MA. Started as a software company in 2002, Formulatrix is now the global leader in hardware and software solutions for protein crystallization automation.
We are looking to increase our sales footprint in order to drive our growing liquid handling product lines. The territory for this positions consists of China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The position will be based out of our Shanghai office. This position requires a hands-on, organized and detail-oriented person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be comfortable with the ability to identify new leads or source new contacts, learning the technical details of our products, and giving technical solo demonstrations to customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Friendly, with excellent people skills.
- 3 + years capital equipment sales, preferably into the genomics market space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Language skills: native in Japanese, fully proficient in English.
- Technically interested and savvy - you should be able to quickly learn technical products and give compelling presentations to prospects.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Responsive and organized. In our market, reputation is everything and we take that very seriously. That starts with a sales person who responds in a timely fashion to every customer request and gets things done when promised.
- Self-motivated and proactive. You'll be expected to identify new customers, follow up on leads, give demos, provide quotations, negotiate pricing, and follow up with purchasing, and transition to the post sales installation and support team. Note that cold calling is part of the job and you should be comfortable doing this
- You will be expected to attend trade shows and travel to customer sites to give product demonstrations.
Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a degree in Life Sciences, or engineering, and/or relevant commercial experience in scientific instrumentation sales. Extensive training will be provided to the right candidate.
How to Apply
** RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED **
To be considered for this position, please email email@example.com with the words "Sales Representative - Japan" in the subject line. You must include a copy of your resume (Word, PDF, plain text or RTF only), and Cover Letter. In the body of your email please include the following:
- What are your salary requirements?
- When can you start?
- Are you authorized to work in country that this job is located?
- What is it about this position that interests you?