Overview of the TEMPEST®
State-of-the-art Dispensing Technology
At the core of the TEMPEST is a microfluidic design that can dispense discrete volumes of liquid with incredible precision across a wide range of sample types and viscosities.
Unparalleled Ease and Excellence
The TEMPEST Liquid Dispenser utilizes patented microdiaphragm pump technology to allow researchers to maximize workflow efficiency from genomics to high-throughput screening workflows.
EASE OF USE: The TEMPEST software is extremely user-friendly allowing for easy experimental design. The standard gradient and backfill buttons make designing an experiment even easier and faster.
- Miniaturize assay design and reduce reagent usage
- Save precious reagents through low dead volumes
- Prevent failed experiments with clog-free dispensing technology
- Intuitive software interface and experimental design.
- No Consumables. All components can be easily cleaned and re-used.
SERVICE & SUPPORT: Formulatrix provides a dedicated, worldwide team of sales, product, technical support and service professionals.
When Speed Matters
Each 8-nozzled microfluidic chip dispenses reagents rapidly with minimal waste. Most tasks are completed in fewer than 40 seconds:
Typical Dispense Rates
- 200 nL to 96-well plate = 3 seconds
- 200 nL to 384-well plate = 6 seconds
- 200 nL to 1536-well plate = 11 seconds
- 5 μL to 96-well plate = 4 seconds
- 1 uL to 384-well plate = 5 seconds
- 10 μL to 384-well plate = 9 seconds
- 20 μL to 384-well plate = 13 seconds
Customizable to Meet Your Needs
The TEMPEST can be customized to fit your application and budget. The system offers, plate stackers, bar code scanner, independent vs general controls, as well as, any combination of up to 12 high (1 μL and 5 μL), or low volume (200 nL and 1 μL), microfluidic chips.
The software provides a straightforward, user-friendly way to design and execute even the most complex dispensing protocols. The control software offers an intuitive visual layout of both the plate design and the hardware setup, and provides tools to create gradient designs and backfills. Microsoft Excel integration allows you to manually edit well volumes for additional control.